Thursday, February 16, 2017

bread class, Elsie & Cookie

We had a HUGE thunder/lightening storm Wednesday morning (2/15), so Michael hopped out of bed to run downstairs and cancel his men's club golf :~).  Since he had so much free time, he made me a smurfy egg/cheese/toast for breakfast before it was time to SKYPE with Janice.  SKYPE worked for the whole hour…no problems at all…YAY!!!  After that it was time to get set up for a bread class:  


and await the arrival of my new students at NOON.  This was a really great group of ladies....I think we had a really fun time…and I think they learned a lot….the one thing I always HOPE they learn is to not be afraid of yeast/dough!!  There was helping each other to use the scale:
















And HAND kneading the dough:

June

Patti

Linda























































Diane



















And of course I had to get a pic of them all with their buns:

June, Patti, Linda, Diane

I was pretty pooped when they left…but I continued to mix up an oatmeal/whole wheat loaf that I hope to teach for the second run of classes.  I have to test out the recipe first.  I made 4 small loaves, and gave 3 of them away to Judith, Joanne & Larry, Anne & Bryce before even thinking about getting a picture….oh well  :~).  Michael headed out for 9 executive holes of golf in the afternoon (cart path only), and he got home just in time to try the new bread…I think it’s a keeper.  I read for a bit while the bread was baking....and the kids were snuggling right beside me:




We both had soup for dinner, then settled in to knitting and TV watching.

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely be interested in getting the oatmeal /wheat bread recipe. That sounds like something Dennis would actually eat.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.