Friday, February 24, 2017

Show & Tell from SHQ, new 12 inch blocks

My honey loaded up the car Thursday morning (2/23) with my quilting stuff before heading out to golf at 8 AM.  I had a wonderful time at quilting, and Loree brought some yummy shredded chicken soup for us to share.  We had lots of good show and tell:  

free motion quilting from June....INCREDIBLE!!!!!

more FMQ from June...

yet another June creation

an adorable quilt from Jeanne

totally hand did from Sue S

a hidden wells from Denise


























































































And I finished up the last color of blocks on my Thursday project, so now it will come home to live on my design wall until it is all sewn together.  When I go to quilting in 2 weeks….I’ll have to have a new project  :~).  I had a long talk with Mary Jo in the afternoon, then sewed after dinner until 8 PM.  I am inordinately pleased with myself….I got 7 blocks out of the leftover snowball ends that would normally be thrown away:  



I still had 8 more 1/2 square triangles left, plus 4 from the February block of the month, plus 4 other solid white blocks, so I got one more block out of that:  



Then I had 4 leftover red/white blocks from the latest patriotic quilt….


so I set those inside blue and got 4 more 12 inch blocks….



SCORE!!!  After that I was beat, so I headed upstairs to be with my honey and watch TV and knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.