Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Cooking Fingers Valentine's Tea

I was up at 6:15 AM Monday morning (2/13) to get my gifts done for the Cooking Fingers Valentine’s Tea.  I made the cookie dough Sunday night, but just couldn’t get motivated to bake it.  I made butter cookies with chocolate centers, and each guest at our table (Pat and I are doing a table together…she’s responsible for decorations and I’m responsible for gifts) will get a reusable Tupperware-type container with 1/2 a dozen cookies:  





When I headed back in to make our bed, I found a new contestant for slug-a-bed: 



Pat picked me (and my stuff)up at 10:15, and we headed up to the Lodge.  I think Pat did a beautiful job with our decorations:





And the other tables looked beautiful/fun/unique as well:



these real roses were GORGEOUS!





















In all, I think there were 17 - 18 tables, seating 170 - 180 guests.  The 
food (as always) was scrumptious!  





We had a great group of ladies at our table (several were bread students!), so there was lots of fun talking as well.  Pat dropped me off around 1 PM (when I got home...more snuggling):


Elsie's really kneading here...



























and I took a nap for an hour (I’m fighting some kind of chest congestion) then headed downstairs to work on my snowball blocks.  I got a bit further: 



before Michael came home from a windy golf day.  We talked for a bit, read for a bit, then had dinner and Michael left for his board meeting while I watched TV and knit.  He got home before 9 PM to watch UCONN win their 100th game in a row…but I headed to bed….just exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. you ladies go all out for your parties!! Super looking!!!

    Love ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.