Friday, February 10, 2017

cinnamon rolls, patriotic fabric & blocks

I got another picture from Carolyn (bread student); she made cinnamon rolls with the other 1/2 of her dough....wish I had been at HER house for breakfast on Thursday:



Oh horrors…..hubby left very early for golf on Thursday (2/9) so I had to pack up my own stuff for quilting :~).  Mary Ann bought a flat fold pack of patriotic fabric for us to split…here’s my 1/2 :  



Today was class day at Scrap Happy Quilters and we had a FABULOUS demo of a new block technique at quilting….Diane had many, many samples and also squares already cut for all of us to sew on.  Many people started sewing them up right away.  I can’t wait to try a patriotic quilt with this technique!!  I took the chocolate bundt cake to quilting and most of it went, but Joanne stopped by after I got home to bring me a berry margarita (yum!!) and to have a piece.   After that I headed downstairs to figure out what to work on.  I had 4 patriotic blocks only partially finished, so I finished off those blocks in the afternoon.  Because of the way I am doing my snowball blocks….I’m getting this for blocks: 



and lots of these as leftovers of the corners:  



Once the blocks were all finished, I set all patriotic aside to work on the pants quilt.  The quilting is all done, but I need to weave in the bobbin ends, trim it and then apply the binding.  My goal is to have it ready to go by Sunday night….stay tuned!  Michael ran out to get Chinese for dinner and I worked on the pants quilt in the early part of the evening until 9 PM.  I got all of the ends done, the edge trimmed and the binding on almost all of one side before heading upstairs to knit, snuggle and watch TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.