Tuesday, February 7, 2017

FOUST!

Monday (2/6) was all about FOUST – the big fabric warehouse sale!!!  I was up at 7 AM to leave Sun City at 8 AM along with Loree, Jan & Jerri.  When we got there, we met up with 8 other people and had a blast grabbing bolts and pre-cuts before heading over to Carolina Cottons (a local quilt store) , and then on to lunch at the Gentle Moon.  Here's our car as it got fuller and fuller as each person added their finds:




We were home just after 2 PM and I was beat….but forget about my longed for nap….a modification guy came by to check out our proposed deck revision, the phone rang a bunch of times, and Paula picked me up to talk and head over to Jan’s where I retrieved my purse and jacket from the back of her car!!  Michael came home, very happy with an 86 from Chester Golf Course (especially happy because he didn’t have to pay for his round…it was a free birthday gift from the course!)  I finally got to my studio around 5 PM and started to quilt the pants quilt.  Michael ate lunch on the way home from golf, and I was still stuffed from our lunch in Kings Mountain, so we both just skipped dinner.  I just kept pushing myself until 8 PM…got 1/2 of the pants quilt done and made the binding for it:


and also cut some of my FOUST fabric to continue with a patriotic quilt I had set aside.  I was totally beat by 8 and headed upstairs to veg and watch TV with my sweetie!

My FOUST finds…..a lot of times I don’t think they have really great pre-cuts, but this time they had TONGA ISLAND STRIPS, which to me are as pretty as Bali Pops, and I scored 3 great ones for around $20 apiece:





I got a bolt of patriotic: 



and that is what I have already started cutting.  They had new “solids” in a really pretty pattern….I’ve already gone through 2 bolts of purple in the time I have been going to FOUST and am totally out, so that was definitely something on my list.  I got a bolt of purple in the new “branches” pattern and I love it:  

it's really darker than this picture shows...















I also got it in red:  
















Jan bought it in blue, so I am trading 3 yards of red for 3 of her blue to expand my choices for patriotic quilts.  They also had a special sale promotion on tone on tone cream (regularly $3.95 per yard down to $2.00 per yard), so I bought 2 bolts of that because I go through background fairly fast with the embroidery quilts that I do…plus, a couple of people in the group want to buy some yardage:  



I also got this pretty aqua blue heart fabric to go with some kid’s fabric I bought last time.


Also, Mary Ann bought a pack of patriotic flat folds that we are going to split....she's bringing it to Thursday quilting and we will separate it out.  

One thing I totally missed today?  Today was the start of booking reservations for the Greenway Restaurant at CPCC.  I couldn’t do it because I was on my way to FOUST when the reservation process started…..but Paula scored a table and asked me to join her….YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.