Thursday, February 9, 2017

bread class, bundt cake

Michael was up early on Wednesday (2/8) for golf here at SCCL (even though we had rain overnight) and I got up and headed to the kitchen to put away everything on the counters before leaving for the Lake House.  The modification committee was meeting to approve/disapprove our deck makeover and after 5 minutes I was all done with an approval!  That’s the good news…the bad news is we are having trouble getting our permit and I am spending a bit of time every day calling people to resolve the problem.  I will be glad when that is finally over.  I hit the grocery store on the way home and by the time I got home it was time to get set up for bread class ( I pretty much have it down to a science and it only takes around 30 minutes....clean up after the class is a whole 'nother matter!):  



I got to read my book for about 1/2 an hour before my students showed up.  I had a very nice group of students and other than 2 incidents which put flour all over everywhere (including the floor) that necessitated lots of vacuuming,  we had a great time.  They worked hard:  

Carol

Ellie & Carolyn

Jan

said they learned a lot and left with the typical pan of rolls: 

Carol, Ellie, Carolyn, Jan
Carolyn even sent me a picture of her finished rolls…1/2 of which she took over to a neighbor who had surgery recently:  



I was pretty pooped after the class and after cleaning up the kitchen, I sat out on the deck with my honey…enjoying the beautiful weather for over an hour.  My honey put together crab stuffed fish fillets for dinner, so I got to sew for 30 minutes while it was cooking.  I got a second wind after dinner and managed to put together a chocolate bundt cake I've been wanting to try because the technique to make it was very different from most cakes I have made:  






After that I really couldn’t get any more energy going, so we just vegged in front of the boob tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.