Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sandy's latest quilt, Elsie & Cookie

HAPPY VALENTINE”S DAY to each and every one of you!!!

So, late last Friday night we got a call from one of my quilting customers.  Her name is Ethel and she is 94 years young (I say young because her energy is incredible, we should all be so lucky as to be as sprightly as she is!)  Anyway, she got a bad case of pneumonia, ended up in the hospital and almost died.  She was calling from rehab to tell me that she would not be going back home, but is going to live in Wilmington, NC with her daughter.  She wanted me to deliver her quilt to rehab, so on Tuesday morning (2/14) when Michael headed out to do his rounds of errands (chiro, WALMART, etc) he took the quilt with him to deliver it to Ethel.  She was very upset because she doesn’t have her checkbook with her, but I told her it was all right, she could pay me whenever she got settled.  After that I started working on Sandy’s quilt.  I’ve had a call into her for several days with questions, but I can’t wait any longer….I’ve got other customer quilts stacking up, so I am just going to use my best judgment and go for it!   By 11 AM I had her quilt loaded and basted and was working on the program.  
















I worked on and off during the afternoon on Sandy’s quilt and on my patriotic, and by dinnertime had made significant progress on both.  



Michael came downstairs to talk to me when he got home, so these pictures should be labeled "waiting for dad to be done talking to mom":

































Michael had picked up a PAPA MURPHY”S pizza in his travels, so that’s what we had for dinner.  He couldn’t go to the movies as the one he wanted to see was sold out, so he got WAR DOGS from REDBOX and watched that while I continued to sew downstairs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.