Saturday, March 26, 2016

Willa, Cookie, Elsie, Cookie & Elsie, pizza



I was up just before 6 AM on Friday (3/25)…I just couldn’t sleep and decided to get up and be productive rather than toss and turn for another hour or so.  I got the checkbook balanced and the minutes for Scrap Happy Quilters out, and dropped back to working on a label for my first patriotic quilt.  I tried to stitch one out yesterday, but my machine ATE IT  :~(, so I looked through all of my fonts for something a little less dense.  I got that set up, but didn’t start stitching it out as I didn’t want to wake up Michael….so I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things.  Michael was up by the time I got back and we had cinnamon buns for breakfast.  I headed downstairs after that and got my patriotic label stitched out before our meeting at 10.  You know I mentioned that we went to a Medicare seminar on Monday?  Well, a guy came by to talk to us about Michael’s supplemental insurance, and my regular insurance.  As soon as he left, I called Willa and she came over to work on 2 of her patriotic donation quilts.   

 When I went upstairs to ask Michael to fix us lunch…I couldn’t understand why Cookie was here (on my chair):   

then I looked at Michael’s chair;     

guess Elsie got there first  :~).  
detente


Willa and I only got through one of her quilts….it was a single bed size and took most of the day.  Plus, the new red/white/blue variegated thread I bought kept breaking  :~(…guess I won’t be using that again.  Willa said she had a new appreciation for how much work longarm-ing really was...it's not just ZOOP-ZOOP-Done!  We were both beat by the end of quilting and I tried to take a nap once she left.  But I was really just tired not sleepy, so I ended up reading my book for a couple of hours.  I had made pizza dough on Wednesday, but Michael and his golfing buddies ate a late, late lunch, so he wasn’t interested in dinner.  I finally pulled it out for Friday night and made an incredible tasting pizza….we both agreed it was YUMM-O!!   

2 day old dough

sauce

our personal toppings:mushrooms, onions

spinach

mozarella & parmesan

15 minutes at 425 degrees - perfection!

 After that we watched TV for a couple of hours while I continued to knit on a scarf for Clinton School kids.

1 comment:

  1. Guess we know who the boss is of M's chair ! mjnct

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.