Monday, March 21, 2016

Cookie & Elsie, Sue's quilt finished



We didn’t go to bed THAT late on Saturday night (10:30 PM), but we were certainly slug-a-beds on Sunday morning (3/20).  I took the dog out at 7 AM and we both fell back asleep until a bit after 8.  Michael decided it was an oatmeal morning for him, so he read the paper in the living room, in front of the fire (with company of course…our babies love the fire):






I headed downstairs and had to spend a bit of time listing all of the Anita Goodesign embroidery disks that I have.  We will be touring the plant on Monday as part of our Embroidery Club meeting and I don’t want to re-buy something I already have.  I finally got around to loading up Sue’s quilt, working out the pattern, basting and then…starting to quilt it!  


















 I finished up the quilt by mid-afternoon, and when she picked it up she said “that’s exactly how it looked in my head!”  That’s the second customer in a row to say that and I am thrilled.   

 I dropped back to working a bit on the patriotic blocks...that was my treat after quilting the quilt.  By dinnertime I told myself I needed to get going on the binding strips for one of the quilts from the “unbound” pile.  I got all of the binding strips cut and put together before heading upstairs at 7 PM.  Michael made popcorn and we settled in to watch 4 hours of a new adaptation of Agatha Christie’s AND THEN THERE WERE NONE.  It was a terrific evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.