Saturday, March 12, 2016

embroidery bobbins, applique cat #1, second fish quilt quilted



Michael and I spent Friday morning (3/11) at the Tree Tops VIP event.  Lennar is building a new community near us and we wanted to check it out.  The good thing about it is, it will be small…I think 800 homes or so….and that will feel like Sun City did when we first moved in.  We knew almost everyone…it was very intimate.  Anyway, that took us until after 11, then we hit the grocery store for a few items and picked up fish sandwiches from Bo Jangles before heading home.  I spent the afternoon and most of the evening quilting on the second fish quilt and starting some new embroideries.  I am hoping to make a couple of quilts for Marc & Kate, and they are crazy about cats.  I found an appliquéd cats embroidery disk and I LOVED it.  I finally bought it when we were visiting them in Ithaca last year (or was that the year before?)  Pat said I ought to start doing the embroideries now to get some idea of how long they would take……well guess what…they’re going to take FOREVER!!!  The embroideries take a LONG time to stitch out…but I will just keep working on them and when they are done, Marc & Kate will get them for whatever Christmas is coming up.  Of course, 1/2 way through stitching out the first cat, I had to pause for 1/2 an hour to go from this:  

to this:   

Yes…I finally hit the end of all of my wound bobbins and had to wind a bunch more.  I got the first cat done and it is adorable:  
 


 I continued to stitch on the second fish quilt…I laid it out very close to the first one….I had to cut and re-position my batting because I thought it was slipping too much to one side.   


Anyway, I really pushed myself and got a second cat done (it went much faster than the first) 


AND finished quilting the second fish quilt….YAY!   
not much waste on that batting!  see the blue polar fleece backing

 By then I was DRAGGING…and headed upstairs to watch just a bit of TV and then fall into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.