Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Irish quilt finished, chicken pot pie



Michael was up at 6 AM to get out of the house before 8 for golf on Monday (3/14).  I was still moving very slowly…probably the time change is still affecting me…it usually takes 3 – 4 days for me to feel like myself again.  I made my traditional big cup of tea and headed to the studio to continue working on the Irish quilt.  I definitely LOVE the pattern….
















I have to make a quilt where I can use the same one….love how it stitched out as well.  By lunch time I was finished with the quilt and Linda swung by to pick it up (she said it looked exactly like she envisioned it in her head...so I felt good about that):   















 I also finished the fourth cat…and with no other sewing I felt compelled to do, I turned my energies in another direction.  So….it was PI day (or pie day as some people call it…you know….3/14…the beginning numbers of PI, the mathematical number 3.14 that gives you the circumference of a circle when you only know the diameter or radius?  The only higher math thing I’ve actually used when I wanted my dad to build me a round table?)  Anyway, it was pie day…and Michael gave up desserts for March…so what’s a gal to do?  Make chicken pot pie of course!  
I started wht mirepoix...the holy trinity of flavor

swirled in a bit of cream at the end






























yes, I suck at pie crusts and hate doing them!


 I took a little of the filling down to Paula’s when I went down to get some peas and the individual serving tins and we both decided it needed more oomph!  When I got home, I stirred in more spices and some salt and that really did perk it right up.  Michael gave it a B+, which I think was pretty good for my first attempt.  After dinner, I drove him to his board meeting, while I checked out the parking situation at the new theatre.  I want to be able to write to the 34 people we’ve got going this Friday to tell them what’s going on.  I was home by 8 PM and continued to work on the third fish quilt until Michael came home at 10 PM.

1 comment:

  1. Love the shamrock pattern ! How 'bout store bought puff pastry for the crust ? It looked great ! Yummm. MJnCT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.