Sunday, March 20, 2016

fish quilt #1 complete, new applique cat, pile o'quilts, risque honey



Michael got up at 6:15 Saturday morning (3/19) for golf here at SCCL and I followed shortly afterwards.  We don’t have any social commitments this weekend and I am looking forward to getting a lot done in my studio.  By lunchtime I had finished the binding on the first fish quilt….I’ll stitch the label down while I watch TV tonight…so the first quilt is totally done!   
you know you can always click on these photos to make them bigger....right?

I also got the first of the new cats stitched out.  I figured out that as long as I do 2 cats per month (4 copies of each) I could probably be on track to give Marc & Kate their 2 quilts for this Christmas.  And I've told myself that I must complete the cats each month before I go back to stitching out embroideries for Clinton School! (I had to find some way to motivate myself to do these applique cats!!!)


 Sue S came by to drop off a quilt to be quilted and we got to spend quite a bit of time talking over various things.  By then my honey was home from golf.  He still isn’t happy with his score, but his drives are continuing to improve, so he’s very happy about that.  I headed back to the studio and got the 2 recent quilts off of Miss Scarlett (last fish and first patriotic) and got them trimmed and added to the pile of quilts to be labeled and bound:   

 
3 more to go :-(

Then I decided to treat myself, so I started sewing blocks for a second patriotic quilt.   

My honey has been feeling a bit under the weather for a few days, and I told him when he came home from golf that I wanted him to take a long, hot soak, and then hop into a warm bed for a nap.  He yelled for me at one point, and I went in to find that he put the bubble bath in a bit too early this time (spoiler alert...risque photo coming):  

When he got up from his nap, he said he did feel better.  We heated up some stew (that Jan gave us) for dinner, then separated again for a bit.  I continued to work on the patriotic blocks until 9:30, then headed upstairs to watch TV.  I got quite a bit of my side fabric ripped out and separated from the batting (you know…reclaiming fabric because heaven knows, I don’t have ENOUGH in my closet!) and we watched a bit of TV as well.

1 comment:

  1. Michael is a good sport to let you post the bubble bath picture.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.