Tuesday, March 29, 2016

turtle embroideries, second patriotic top done, charity day box



Michael made his usual spinach/mushroom omelet on Monday (3/28) and headed out to golf, while I headed to the studio to work.  First I started up my embroidery machine, and finished the third embroidery of a turtle for my next set of Clinton quilts:   



 Then I got my rows ironed and sewn together so that my second patriotic quilt is ready to be quilted (I will wait until the third top is done and quilt 2 & 3 together...I think it will be my last variation on this disappearing hourglass pattern).  


 Then, other than water walking with Pat in the afternoon, I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon pulling together stuff for our charity day at Scrap Happy Quilters on Thursday.  We had leftover ham/potatoes/carrots/corn for dinner, and in the evening (while Michael watched the ladies UCONN basketball), I got the 20 squares of muslin cut as the bases for the blocks we will do at quilting on Thursday.  



 
I'm hoping to pull together another bunch of squares for us to put together because I have 4 sewers on my team and I think they will knock this first quilt top out quickly (at least I hope so).  Willa has asked us to help replace the PRAYERS & SQUARES quilts that are given out, and I would love to get 2 tops made for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.