Thursday, March 3, 2016

1st patriotic top finished, fish embroideries, new customer quilt



I’m glad Michael is finally able to golf again….it is keeping us from being slug-a-beds in the morning!  I think we both got lazy and would just loll about in bed for an hour or so in the morning before getting up…but  now with a golf game on the horizon, he hops right up and I follow shortly afterwards :~).   

Wednesday (3/2) Michael left before 8 AM for golf here at SCCL and by then I was already in my studio, sewing on the first patriotic quilt again.  I LOVE Wednesdays as I generally count on them to be one of my main sewing days.  And with Mexican chicken soup in the crockpot, and cornbread already made to go with it….I was in heaven.  I want to thank everyone for their comments on the quilts (both in person and on the blog) ….several people brought up a point I didn’t even think of….you thought the first layout may have been a more masculine layout.  I liked the second (the first layout definitely looked “country”  to me), and that’s the way I am sewing it together, but maybe I am not the best judge of what to do.  Since these will (in all probability) be going to men, I should take that into consideration….so thanks to all who made me look at it in a different way  :~).  I am going to sew the blocks for the second quilt in a slightly different pattern….so I’ll see if I get 2 layout choices with those as well.  The first thing I did was finish sewing together the first patriotic quilt…as I mentioned, I picked the second layout….but I will re-think that in the future.  






(Just as a totally off comment topic), while I am beyond grateful that I can now quilt my own quilts, I still prefer piecing the quilt tops to the actual quilting.  However, I am once again building up quite a pile of my own quilt tops…I think I have SEVEN as of now!!!  I think I need to set aside a long weekend and start to whack those out!  After all, quilt tops not quilted are not doing anyone any good  :~) 

Then I dropped back to loading up some embroidery designs to start stitching out.  I only need 3 copies of 2 more fish designs before I can start to put those quilts together.  Then it was time to vacuum… always the first step before loading a customer quilt so that it doesn’t pick up any stray threads from the floor.  I got the back pinned on, and by then it was time to go water walking with Pat.  We haven’t seen each other in a bit, so we had lots to talk about (don’t we always :~).  My honey was home when I got home, and even though he took an 8 on a par 4 (which he wasn’t happy about at all), he still shot an 87….so he was happy about that.  I finished another set of fish embroideries:  

 
and finished getting the customer quilt loaded up and worked on the design I would stitch out until dinner.   



 We sent a quart of soup and some cornbread across the street to Anne & Bryce, before settling down to enjoy our own soup.  After dinner it was SKYPING with Janice (which only worked for 1/2 the time), then I watched TV with my honey while knitting on a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.