Saturday, March 5, 2016

eggs, cookies, layout of fish quilt, quilting done on Sandy's quilt



We were up and out early on Friday (3/4).  Michael had an early morning hearing aid appointment and we went to breakfast at IHOP afterwards.  The early redbuds are starting to bloom and they look like very pink apple blossoms…lovely!  We weren’t home until 11 and Michael took off for a Performing Arts Club meeting (he will be in a play here in May), while I started to make cookies.  When I opened up the eggs, my honey had left me a beautiful pattern that made me smile:

I made brownie caramel bites 

and almond sugar cookies 

and got them packaged up.  Michael ran them over to Corinne for the concessions at FMCP tonight.  I talked to an officer at the local VFW about my patriotic quilt and by 3 Pm I was in my studio.  I finished up the last of the fish embroideries:   

 and cut the fish fabric into blocks.  Michael did the layout for the first quilt and for once I noticed (BEFORE I started sewing) that the fish fabric had a definite up side and down side, so I have to be careful when sewing it together so that I don't get fish swimming upside down:   

I also finished up the quilting on Sandy’s quilt…it just needs trimming and for me to weave in the bobbin ends:   

 I used a new pattern on her quilt...she wanted "feathers", so I bought a pattern that does a fan of feathers right side up, and then upside down...it was really pretty:

 We had Mexican Chicken soup for dinner, then sat down to knit and bindge watch a 3 part MAJOR CRIMES….well…we thought it was a 3 part-er, but at the end we found out we have to wait until Monday night for the last part….ugh!!!  We watched a repeat BIG BANG before falling into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.