Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Evolution of a Quilt



A very dear friend of mine in Connecticut (Karen B) was recently diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer.  She has already started chemotherapy, hoping to shrink the tumors to give her more time…what’s a quilter to do?  Why make a quilt to help her feel warm and loved.  That is the secret project I’ve been working on.  I know my friend’s favorite color is pink…I didn’t have a lot of that in my stash…luckily Ginny’s stash came through for me!  I’ve tried to take pictures along the way…here’s how it’s been going.  With my little stint in the hospital, I wasn’t able to deliver it in person…but it has now been mailed and delivered (thank you forever Janice!!).
it starts with 1/2 square triangles






 
blocks done, ready to be sewn into rows...

Miss Scarlett takes over...

I love this pattern...it's called feathered hearts


finished

the label









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.