Friday, March 4, 2016

tutorial for ruebenwich, quilting food, Cookie & Elsie a trois, Sandy's quilt



Thursday morning (3/3) I was up early with lots to do, while Michael hopped up and ran to the grocery store for me.  It was food day at Scrap Happy Quilters, and this being March, I wanted to take my ruebenwich.  It’s easy and quick and yummy….what more could you ask for?  Here’s a tutorial of how to make it:

Make your own dough, or use Pillsbury pizza crust, French or Italian bread.  Unroll it on a greased cookie sheet.  Put mustard down the center third, then layer corned beef on top of mustard.




put drained sauerkraut on top of corned beef

then add thousand island or russian dressing

add swiss cheese on top

slice the sough down the sides and braid on top

caraway seeds...a must!

 
bake according to bread directions and voila

 It was a big hit at quilting....I came home with an empty pan....but then, all of the food tasted REALLY good today! 
a new member who joined today brought pepperoni rolls....YUM!




I got a lot of my blocks cut at quilting, and when I got home more snuggling was going on in a new place:


how do I get rid of this cat?


I headed downstairs and got a lot of paperwork done until my honey came home.  We had leftover soup for dinner, and Michael went to the opening night at FMCP to help out with concessions, while I stayed home and got 1/2 of the quilting done on the new quilt.

Michael was home by 9:30 and we watched a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.