Monday, March 14, 2016

new quilt loaded, dinner with Paula & Doug, strawberry shortcake



I HATE changing the clocks at any time…but especially the “spring forward” time.  Why do we still keep to this archaic tradition?  Keith was talking about it last night and indicated that there is documented proof that the incidence of heart attacks and strokes goes up 25% during the week after this time change!!  Not to mention the number of accidents work/car/whatever due to people’s circadian rhythms being thrown off by this hour.  I personally hate it because this day goes SO FAST!!!  I know it’s only an hour, but it still seems to just whiz by.  Ok…enough of the soap box….

It was already 11 AM by the time I made it to my studio on Sunday (3/13).  I got a new customer quilt loaded up: 

and Linda came by at NOON to discuss how she wanted it quilted.  I didn’t have a very good shamrock pattern, so had to buy one on the internet.  Getting it loaded to Miss Scarlett and trying to get the pattern set up at a good density also took a bit of time, but I was finally quilting by 3 PM.  That was the good news….the bad news turned out to be that Miss Scarlett HATED the new thread and was breaking every 2 inches, no matter what I did…so, I called Linda and switched threads.  I had to rip out everything I had stitched so far….and also wind a bunch more bobbins, but I finally got one row stitched out before Michael and I headed to Paula & Doug’s for dinner.  She made a yummy pork & rice dish that we all snarfed down…
Doug & Gretchen * Paula.  Paula made a second casserole for daughter Gretchen's family



 then she taught us a new game called SEVENS. We really had a lot of fun and hope to play it again soon, so that we don’t forget the rules.  Halfway through playing, we stopped for dessert…strawberry shortcake that was OUTSTANDING!!!   


I didn’t want my portion to end….but finally we went back to playing cards.  We left around 9 because Michael has a very early tee time tomorrow, but I still had enough energy to get a second row stitched out on my customer quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.