Thursday, March 24, 2016

Patriotic VOTE!



Michael was up at 7 AM on Wednesday (3/23).  He had a late tee off time, but had a foot doctor appointment first, so he headed out before 8.  I was excited to get back to my patriotic blocks, and worked on them all morning and afternoon.  By dinnertime, the blocks were done and up on the design wall….I’d like to show you the difference between the first and second patriotic quilt.   

Both quilts started with exactly the same squares: 10 red squares, 10 blue squares and 20 cream squares.  










  




For the first patriotic quilt, I put the red color into the center of the hourglass: 




for the second quilt I put the blue into the center:  


Here are the 2 different layouts side by side:

 
this is the red center


this is the blue center


































Second layout:
 
this is the red center, and I sewed this together


this is the current blue center

































Having heard your opinions on the first one, I would like you to vote on the layout of the second quilt.  I will not sew it together for a couple of days, and will take the layout with most number of positive comments....so please look at the pictures below, and let me know which way I should go:
choice "A"

choice "B"

































I remember several people saying one layout was more "manly" that another...I'm interested to see if that is the case again.  The thing I find most incredible is that I can start out with EXACTLY the same pieces of fabric, and come up with 4 differently layouts for a quilt...too cool!




























 







3 comments:

  1. I like choice A. The stars seem to sparkle. I'm not crazy about the way the outside blocks turned out on choice B. It also reads 'country' to me. my 2 cents ! mjnct

    ReplyDelete
  2. A layout, don't see anything manly about either layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choice AAAAAAA- YAY!!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.