Sunday, March 6, 2016

blocks in progress from Thursday quilting, Sandy's quilt finished, door prizes for Osceola



Michael was up at 7 AM on Saturday (3/5) for golf here at SCCL and I followed shortly afterwards as I had lots to get done.  Many of you know that I take the same project to Scrap Happy Quilters every Thursday and I work on it until it is done (only on Thursdays) before moving on to another project.  It makes my Thursday packing much more streamlined…I know if my sewing machine, and my one box is packed that I will have a project to work on.  I spent all of last Thursday trying to get all of my 48 blocks cut, but I didn’t get them all finished….so I decided to cut the remaining blocks at home so that I can hit the ground running next Thursday and begin sewing them together.  Here’s what they looked like when I finished cutting:   

and here’s after my switching them around for subsequent sewing back together:   
yes...it's the same pattern as the pink quilt and the patriotic one

After that I got Sandy’s quilt unpinned, wove in the bobbin ends and got it trimmed.  By then it was 10 AM and I was hungry, so headed upstairs to make an egg/cheese/toast for my breakfast.  I made a good start on sewing together the fish quilt until 12:30 when I went water walking with Pat.  We talked and talked and talked and I didn’t get home until 2:30.  Sandy stopped by to pick up her quilt, 



then I plopped myself down on a living room chair and read my book until dinnertime (COME RAIN OR COME SHINE…the latest in the Mitford series).  Michael and I both had soup for dinner and watched TV and I knit for the rest of the evening.  The quilters will be hosting family night at Osceola (the church where we meet) in March, and Willa asked us to bring in door prizes...so my honey spent time in the evening wrapping up our donations:  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.