Sunday, March 27, 2016

patriotic label, binding strips, last cat for March, 1st patriotic done



A HAPPY AND BLESSED EASTER TO EVERYONE!!
 ***************
Saturday (3/26) was another early morning; Michael was up before 7 AM to make breakfast and head out to golf and I followed right after.  I ran to the store to finally buy our Easter ham, then settled into my studio for a day of crafting :~).  I finished trimming the label for my patriotic quilt (I love this label, it took me weeks to figure out exactly what I wanted to say):    
 
you can click this picture to make bigger to read it


And I started working on the binding for it, 





 while finishing up the embroidery for the fourth copy of the new cat…YAY!!   
 




 Now I get to embroider Clinton, Clinton, Clinton until next Friday!! (I told you about that right?  In order to be in contention for finishing the 2 cat quilts I want as Christmas gifts…I have to embroider 8 cats (4 copies of 2 different cats) each month BEFORE I can do any other embroideries…that’s my carrot/stick motivation :~)  The patriotic quilt was totally finished by mid-afternoon
notice red/blue binding


 
I got to use the variegated thread on the binding

and my lable in the corner






























and I headed upstairs to make Elephant Chicken Soup.  I was supposed to make this last week when it was chilly, but never got around to it.  Saturday was overcast (and a tiny bit rainy) all day, and never got out of the 60’s, so I finally got it done...and it was yummy.  Michael said he was glad I made it....it is one of his favorites.  And, my honey lucked out again…it was POPOVER time!  Ginny gave me 2 pans, one for large popovers and one for smalls, this time I did a 1/2 recipe and baked them in the small pan…they were scrumptious!  We didn’t finish eating until 7:30 and spent the rest of the night watching TV and knitting.

By the way, choice “A” was the overwhelming winner on the second patriotic quilt….I hope to start sewing that together this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.