Sunday, October 25, 2015

yoghurt, tutorial on lasagna, Dennis & Corinne, Evelyn & Larry



I left for the grocery store before 8 AM on Saturday (10/24) and Michael left shortly afterwards for golf.  I needed to pick up just a few things for dinner.  I had made yoghurt for Michael overnight, so I put together 6 containers for him when I got home, 
first some fruit on the bottom (mixed berries this time)

then I spooned in yoghurt from the crockpot

finally a little jam for sweetness

 and then started in on the lasagna.  I wanted to make a veggie lasagna, so had onions/mushrooms/zucchini/yellow squash 

 
before sauteeing


 
and after....




























 to add to it.  I usually do a layer of pesto in the lasagna, but I didn't want to overwhelm the flavors of the veggies, so I just added a few blobs of pesto to the jarred sauce.  I also added in the merlot I used to deglaze the pan after cooking all of the veggies...yum!




 Here’s how I put it all together: 
a layer of sauce in my greased pan

4 noodles that had been soaking in hot water

a layer of ricotta

the onions/mushrooms/squash layer

dotted with mozzerella

a sprinkle of pamesan (or in my case, romano 'cause that's what I had)

do those layers 2 more times and voila

That took 1-1/2 hours to put together and clean up from (although I've already thought of how I could speed that up for next time), so I was happy to head to the studio after that.  I started to sew together more dinosaur blocks when Pat called to ask about walking in the pool.  We both hurried and changed and headed up there.  We walked for over an hour, and still didn’t feel like we were done talking…so I went up to Joann’s with her so that we could talk in the car all the way there and back.  I waited in the car while Pat ran in, and she had me home by 3 PM.  By then it was time to start on the rolls and the salad.  Dennis & Corinne and Evelyn & Larry came at 6 PM 


by the way...that's Larry with his Tevye beard...he'll be in Fiddler on the Roof soon

hamming it up as usual...aren't they sweet :-)

Corinne & Dennis

 and we had the lasagna (it was yummy, I think almost everyone had seconds) 

 and rolls and a salad.   

 Then we got into playing SCREWED (I lost..and in a hurry too :~) and then we played Cheesehead Rummy for just a bit before settling on SHEIST!  Everyone seemed to enjoy those games, along with the Key Lime Pie I served for dessert.  We moved into the living room to talk for a bit more and finally ended the evening at 10:30…..we were both beat.  It turned out to be a delightful night and I’m glad we could socialize because we’re not going to be able to for the next couple of weeks.  With Michael rehearsing 5 nights this week, and next week being h-ll week and the opening of the play (and me leaving for the Fiber Floozie Retreat)….we will both be too tired to do anything social.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.