Sunday, October 18, 2015

blueberry muffins, Jeannie & Willa at craft sale, dinner food, Paula & Doug, Sue & Dennis



Saturday morning (10/17) Michael and I were both up early.  He had a golfing lesson, and I made 28 blueberry muffins with streusel topping for a Cooking Fingers bake sale.   

Saturday was the craft sale at the Lake House and Cooking Fingers sells muffins/cupcakes made by the members, and then donates that money to charity.  This year it will go to our local Food Bank.  I was home around 10 after delivering and called Pat…she wanted to go to the sale, so she picked me up and we headed back up.  It was PACKED….which is a good thing…lots of foot traffic and I got pictures of a couple of my friends:   

 
fellow Fiber Floozie Jeannie

some of her sports teams bowl holders...they are GREAT!

more of her wares....

Willa selling as well


























































After that, I headed up to Pat’s house as she was supposed to help me make name tags for Michael character in the play….she didn’t help…she just did it all and they look great:   




 By the time I got home it was time to work on dinner.  While Michael got potatoes/carrots started, 

finally ready for mashing...

snug in the crockpot to keep warm...after taste testing of course :-)




























I made roll dough (rosemary rolls…I loved them), 
starting their rise

ready for the oven




























meatloaf, 















and a broccoli casserole.  

Paula & Doug 

and Sue & Dennis 

showed up at 6 PM for dinner.  Paula thought we were having soup…and that WAS the original plan….but she talked about wanting to try Michael’s potato/carrot mash…so we decided to change the menu and she was thrilled.  I loved our dinner…it’s been a long time since I made meatloaf.   














We were going to play games after dinner….but we just got to talking and that’s what we ended up doing all night.  Paula brought cupcakes for dessert, both German chocolate and chocolate cherry 

 and they were scrumptious!  After everyone left, we cleaned up for just a bit, then Michael watched a bit of TV and I continued to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.