Wednesday, October 7, 2015

hats & mittens for Clinton School, Robin's quilt for Clinton, another quilt loaded



Tuesday morning (10/6) I was back in the studio early to load up another Clinton top on the polar fleece.  

 I got one row done, then Sally stopped by for a long visit!  Jan came around 11 and we wound up some yarn for her, then headed out to Hickory Tavern for a smurfy lunch.  I had a blackened tilapia sandwich, while she had a HEALTH  NUT SALAD with spinach, romaine, sliced chicken, avocado, tomatoes, almonds, walnuts, shredded jack & cheddar cheese, bananas and strawberries…whew!  Then she dropped me off at the Lake House for Stitch & Chat, while she headed off to pick up Walt.  I took a Clinton School quilt and a Sterling School quilt for show and tell and I think everyone liked them.  Barbara M gave me 8 more embroideries for another Clinton School quilt…all animals reading books…just adorable.  I also picked up so many nice hats from Barbara at S&C:

 
that I think it is time to drop everything off at Debbie’s house (the teacher at Clinton School).  In addition to hats and mittens, I also have this snuggly flannel quilt that my friend Robin M (from Thursday quilting) made and donated:   

 When I got home it was back to quilting.  Since Michael and I both had big lunches, we skipped dinner and he took off before 6 PM for the movies (THE MARTIAN) and by 7 PM when my friends showed up….the quilting on the second small quilt was done….YAY!  

  Joanne & Barb came by for knitting and socializing.  They left around 9 PM and I read until Michael got home after 10.  Do you remember me talking about the book ME BEFORE YOU?   An incredible book…I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.  Well, she has written a sequel: AFTER YOU...another very worthy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.