Sunday, October 11, 2015

solving a quilting problem, examples of quilting patterns



While Michael ran a lot of errands on Saturday morning (10/10), I spent most of the day fixing and finishing quilting the last of the Clinton quilts I had loaded up.  I don’t know whether my original math was wrong, or whether I measured my polar fleece wrong…but when I got to the end of the third quilt, I didn’t have enough backing to finish it :~(.  I cut a 5 inch wide strip of polar fleece and hand stitched it to the bottom of the backing (after I unpinned it).  Then I re-pinned and did the last two rows.  
if you click on the picture to make bigger, you can see the seam just under the green tape

 It was definitely a pain in the b_tt…especially since I thought I had loaded up MORE than enough polar fleece…but I am very grateful that it is finally done.  I used 3 different quilting patterns on the 3 quilts and it is neat to see how they turned out.   







Again…I LOVE the definition of the quilting stitches on the polar fleece.  The rest of the day and part of the evening was spent unloading and trimming all three quilts, and beginning to sew in all of the bobbin ends.  We had baked potatoes, tilapia stuffed with shrimp and crab and salads for dinner, and at 8:30, Michael made popcorn and we settled in to watch THE PRINCESS BRIDE….one of our romantic favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.