Saturday, October 24, 2015

second quilt of valor - done!, 1st set dinosaur blocks together, quilt bombed car


After breakfast on Friday (10/23), Michael headed out for a walk with Cookie while I headed to the studio.  I’ve been doing a lot of long arm quilting recently and have been missing sewing, so I settled in to do some of that.  I wove in the bobbin ends on the second quilt of valor before getting my embroidery machine humming while I was sewing together blocks for the first dinosaur quilt.  Jeanette stopped by around lunchtime to pick up the valor quilt:
and I had a quick snack before getting back to “slaving away over a hot sewing machine “.  By dinnertime I had the first set of embroideries put together: 
 
I’m going to do the same thing to the other 2 sets before I work on borders for all 3.  But by then it was time to get cleaned up and (with Susan), head on over to Jim’s house.  He wanted to show us his new house (he’s only been there a month or 2) and we had a great dinner of potatoes, butternut squash and beef tenderloin.  Then we played several games of cards…and many runs of Mexican Train Dominos before heading home again.  We watched an episode of FARGO before heading to bed.
I have to show you this picture...it is incredible.  My friend June went to a quilt show last week, and the organizers had quilt bombed a car...it is unbelieveable:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.