Tuesday, October 27, 2015

martini club at Donnis's



Michael left for golf on Monday (10/26) amid ever decreasing temperatures and ever increasing wind.  I headed to the studio to sew and other than a brief visit from a friend to drop off hats/etc for Clinton School, I sewed until it was time to walk in the pool with Pat.  We walked for over an hour and when I headed back home I got to sew a bit more.  I have almost all of the next 2 sets of dinosaurs sewn into rows.  Michael came home and said they got sprinkled on a little bit, but he shot an 84 and was extremely happy.  He had lasagna for dinner and settled in with popcorn to watch movies, while Pat picked me up and we headed out to martini club.  Donnis had everything beautifully set-up.  We started with dirty martinis upstairs, 

 then headed downstairs for apple caramel martinis (with caramel around the rim of the glass) 

and pomegranate cocktails.  For food she had a great orzo/chicken salad, popcorn, marinated shrimp and a cheese ball.   


 Dessert was a selection of mini-cupcakes. 

 All of the food was excellent.  We played PICTIONARY 
 
for part of the evening and that was lots of fun.  I was home just after 11 and collapsed into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.