Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Chris's quilt loaded, rose, rolls, celery, hydrangeas



Even though it looked like it would rain any minute, Michael and Phil headed out for golf here at SCCL on Monday morning (10/5).  They figured if it did rain, they wanted to be close to home…but they ended up getting all 18 holes in.  It took them a long time because it was “cart path only”, but Michael came home with an 89 and seemed pleased to have gotten in an entire round.  I got Ethel’s quilt off of the frame and started to trim it…hers takes extra time because she doesn’t do a separate binding…she just folds over the back, so I have to trim the batting next to the top, then trim the back to 2 inches beyond the top.  Then I loaded up polar fleece and got Chris’s Clinton quilt loaded:  


 When I came upstairs to get dinner started, I found this from Michael:   

 We’re still getting a bloom every once in awhile.  I had leftover dough from taking rolls to Loree last week, so we had Barb’s sausage soup with rolls for dinner…yum!   

they didn't get very brown at all, but still tasted yummy!

 I haven’t been paying much attention to my celery, but it has really shot up in less than a week:   
Oct 1st

Oct 5th
































As soon as it stops raining, I need to plant it outside.  In other flower news, after 9 days the picked hydrangeas are going strong:  


 They look even prettier than when they were picked, as all of the white flower buds have opened up to their blue color.  After dinner I came downstairs just to finish up Chris’s quilt, then headed up to watch TV with my honey. 

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.