Monday, October 5, 2015

Cookie & Elsie, unexpected back yard guest



We were slow starters on Sunday (10/4) after the late Saturday night….but Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing, while I had breakfast and read the paper.  By the time he got home, I was downstairs, working once again on Ethel’s quilt, and on some initial cards as thank yous….and cutting strips from a bag of recently donated scraps!  I had company for part of the afternoon   
if this quilt is good enough for Elsie, it's good enough for me too!

hey, it's my turn today
ok, I guess we can share















 and different company at dinnertime:   
 
hmmmm...these zinnias taste pretty good

what's over here?

ooo - basil...I love it

ok...let's go look elsewhere for dessert!






















































Michael and I cleaned up leftovers for dinner, then he left for rehearsal and I continued working in my studio.  I finished quilting at 8 PM and headed upstairs to finish reading THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN.  Apparently this is the hot new book…it just happened to be available when I went to the library, so I picked it up.  It was certainly unusual….and kept you guessing until the very end.  Michael was home just after 10 PM and we read for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.