Friday, October 2, 2015

red neck sandwich, rainy animal quilt



Another gloomy, overcast day….but the hurricane isn’t here yet, so Michael left to play golf on Thursday morning (10/1).  Before he left, he packed up my quilting stuff in the car, while I put together my red neck sandwich for our luncheon.  Remember the red neck egg rolls that Paula told me about?  They were pulled pork BBQ, coleslaw and pepperjack cheese….well…I decided to make them into a sandwich like my ruebenwich, since it was food day at quilting and I had all of the ingredients.  There were about 20 – 25 of us….June brought eggplant parmesan, Penny brought deviled eggs, I brought the sandwich…

 and EVERYONE ELSE brought dessert!!!  Can you say sugar high?  And the desserts all looked wonderful!  Mary B and I stayed late cleaning up, so I didn’t get home until after 2 PM.  I spent the afternoon working a bit on my studio…it is definitely out of control…and I find it hard to do anything when it is like that….so I started to put stuff away….it’s still going to take a bit more time until it is back to where I want it to be.  Michael and I had pierogi’s for dinner, then he took off for rehearsal and I worked on finishing up the binding on this Clinton school quilt I started at Scrap Happy.  By the time Michael came home, the binding was done and the label stitched down….YAY!!!   

 This is been quilted for about 2 weeks and I just haven’t gotten to finishing it, so I am very glad it is finally done.  And I loved the quilting stitch I used...can't wait to use it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.