Sunday, October 4, 2015

Elsie, Ethel's quilt loaded, Michael's original quilt finished!



It poured all night Friday night and into Saturday morning (10/3)…what a good day to sleep in…which is exactly what we did.  Michael made potato pancakes for dinner Friday night, and had leftover potato wedges.  So, he cooked them up for breakfast Saturday, and I had those along with an egg on jalapeno cheese toast.  I was totally fortified to begin my sew-all-weekend stuff  :~).  I had company all day...

 she always finds the newest quilt to sleep on...this is a Clinton School quilt, put together by Chris from Thursday quilting, and I told her I would quilt it for her.   

First up for me, loading Ethel’s quilt.   



 After that I needed a couple of hours to re-load my purchased quilt designs.  Since I had to re-load my quilting software (on the new tablet), I lost all of my purchased designs and had to re-load them.  After winding bobbins, I started the quilting on Ethel’s quilt.  While that was going on, I sewed in the ends on Michael’s original quilt, which was started last September on retreat.   














I can’t believe it is done after all of the problems I had (for details on the problems, you can read about it here: http://foodandfiberfloozie.blogspot.com/2014/12/michaels-quilt-elsie-cookie.html).   This quilt will be donated to Sterling School.  I used a new quilting pattern on it….big feathers, which I think I really liked.   

I finished that up by 7:30 and headed upstairs.  Michael made a big bowl of popcorn and we snuggled in to watch A MIGHTY WIND and BEST IN SHOW…2 of our favorites…and finally toddled off to bed around mid-night.

1 comment:

  1. The quilting looks like Angel's wings ! It came out beautiful and worth all the effort ! It's going to a good home from an earthly angel.... (mjnct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.