Monday, October 12, 2015

smurfy breakfast, hydrangeas, sheet pan pizza, June's Clinton quilt




We got a late start on Sunday (10/11) from staying up too late to watch the movie, but it was totally worth it :~).  Michael and Cookie went for a walk first thing and after eating a bunch of strawberries, I headed downstairs to get all of my computer stuff done.    When he got back…he made me a FABULOUS breakfast of fried potatoes and an over-easy egg…heaven!  



By the time I got to do some fun stuff in the studio, it was already 11 AM.  I worked on finishing trimming the 3 quilts, but headed down to Joanne & Larry’s at NOON.  Larry is working on finishing a kitchen display gadget for me, and I also wanted to talk to him about making a photo box for me.  Now that our stuff is going to be displayed on AMAZON, I want to make sure I have the best pictures I can possibly take.  He’s going to build me a “white box” which will hopefully make my display pictures better.  Just before 2 PM, I headed up to the Lake House.  Gail & Pat and I decided to do some walking in the pool for about an hour.  When I came home, Michael had picked another beautiful bouquet of hydrangeas.  


Some of the flowers are even more purple-y than blue, which I love!

I made dough for dinner before heading downstairs to get 1/2 of my binding strips cut out and sewn together.  Then it was time to make my sheet pan pizza….OMgoodness…even if I do say so myself it was SO GOOD!!!   

 
scallions on 1/2, mushrooms on the other 1/2


a little spinach on top of the mushrooms

oh my goodness.....YUM!!!

sadly....only a few leftovers :-(



I haven’t made it in a long time…that might be part of why I thought it was so good…my own dough…scallions from our garden....with my own tomato sauce….I need to get busy and learn to make my own mozzarella to make it complete  :~).  After that I guess I was really tired from the water walking, because I just sat on the couch doing nothing more than watching TV, until bed.

June N donated a quilt for Clinton School…and she did all of the quilting herself on her sewing machine.  She decided to practice a variety of patterns and I wish you could see the quilt in person, because it is very cool.


see the "be kind" in a school pencil shape
















I think she did a  FABULOUS job with the quilting:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.