Friday, October 23, 2015

Michael in action, a plethora of fleece blankets


Michael headed out for his golf lesson
 
and I headed to quilting just after 9 AM on Thursday (10/22).  The place was already hopping when I got there!  I got set up and managed to get a few more blocks done on 2 fall quilts (that’s probably fall of 2016 :~) before stopping for a lunch of Mexican Chicken soup and rolls.  When I got home I had a tiny bit of time to get suited up and met Pat at the Lake House for another hour (actually a bit more) of water walking.  When we do this together, you know the muscle that gets the biggest workout?...our jaws :~)  After walking, I headed to Pat’s car to pick up a TON of blankets. 
 
Pat and Diane bought a ton of fleece during that big sale a week or so ago.  Last week at quilting they layered and cut all of the coordinating pieces, then Wednesday night Pat had a group of neighborhood ladies over to her house to tie all of the fringe together.  I ran these up to Debbie P on the way home and she was THRILLED at the beautiful new blankets for Clinton School.  I feel really good about the donations that continue to pour in!  When I got home I poured a drink and along with Anne, headed over to my neighbor Susan’s for an impromptu happy hour.  The 3 of us sat and talked for a couple of hours…it was delightful.  By the time I got home Michael had already left for rehearsal and I plopped myself down on the sofa and knit the night away until he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.