Friday, October 9, 2015

another rose, initial cards



I feel like I was running from the moment I got up on Thursday (10/8) until after 9 PM when I finally collapsed in the living room.  But first, another spectacular rose greeted me when I got up.  Trust me...this picture does NOT do it justice...there's a beautiful deep pink edging on all of the petals....so much prettier than the last one:

















 Then it was time for quilting.  I got Ethel’s quilt trimmed and all of the basting ripped out, so that was great….and I also got a bit of knitting done.  I had embroidered (and written out) 6 cards as “thank you’s” for the retreat team, 


























 and handed them out as well.  Then it was off to my dentist appointment.  2 hours later (after he cemented my new onlay in place) I was on my way home.  I immediately started to put together my quinoa veggie casserole.  This time I added roasted butternut squash and rosemary.  When it was finished, I hopped in the golf cart and drove to Nancy S’s house for our October DINING FOR WOMEN event.  (Michael had rehearsal Thursday night).  DINING FOR WOMEN is a charitable organization that meets for dinner once per month.  Everyone brings food to share and we watch a program on our particular charity for the month.  Then we donate the amount of money (or any amount we wish) that we would have spent on dinner out.  There were 7 of us and it was a really nice group of women.  By the time I got home after 9 (after a very chilly ride home in the golf cart), I collapsed in the living room with a glass of Amaretto and a good book.  Michael got home after 10 and we talked for a bit before heading for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Those embroidered cards tempt me to go and buy an embroidery machine ! Lovely rose too. mjnct

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.