Tuesday, October 20, 2015

crockpots, demo at machine embroidery, first quilt of vaolr, rolls, shredded chicken tutorial



Monday (10/19) was a whirlwind day.  Michael was up early to get ready for golfing at Fort Mill (he came home in the afternoon with an 85!), and I jumped up to get chicken thighs in my smaller crockpot and Mexican Chicken Soup in my larger crockpot.   


 Then I ran to the store to get purple and teal balloons (4 of each, 1 for each decade of Jan’s life) and dropped them off at her house with a card.  Yes….today is her 80th birthday…we were hoping to have her and Walt over for dinner, but it is a big soccer game for Jan’s grandson Ethan, so that’s where she is going.  At 9:15 AM, I headed up to the Lake House for a Volunteer Board meeting, followed by our regular membership meeting.  I came home from that, crammed 1/2 a sandwich in my mouth, packed up the golf cart and headed back up to the Lake House for our Machine Embroidery meeting.  We had a good meeting, and I gave a demo at the end of embroidering on nylon net.  Everyone seemed surprised that I didn’t use any stabilizer…just 2 thicknesses of nylon net, but it worked perfectly for the butterflies I appliquéd onto my tulip quilt.  
















I headed home at 3 Pm and Jeanette came over shortly afterwards to see Miss Scarlett in action.  I finished up the last 3 rows on the first quilt of valor, and Jeanette took it home to trim and bind.  I think it is a very pretty quilt:  



By that time it was dinner…and all I can say is, I’m glad we still had leftover meatloaf, since I never turned on the crockpot for the Mexican Chicken soup :~(.  Oh well, dinner will already be put together for Tuesday :~).  I made up rolls with the rest of the dough, 

 so at least we had fresh rosemary rolls to go with our leftovers.  Michael left just after dinner for rehearsal, and I turned my chicken thighs into perfectly shredded chicken (for future recipes):  
I layered boneless/skinless chicken thighs in crock and cooked on low for 6 -7 hours

put 4 - 5 in my mixer with about 1/2 cup of broth and turned it on low

voila, perfectly shredded chicken!

 After that, I read my book for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.