Tuesday, October 13, 2015

celery, label, binding


When I got up on Monday morning (10/12), I noticed my celery was continuing to explode:
 
Jeannie picked me up at 8:30 and after swinging by the Lake House to pick up Pat, we were on our way to Joann’s for the last day of their sale.  I wasn’t going to buy any more fleece, but they had it for DIRT CHEAP and I just had to get some….I scored 1 full bolt of white, 3/4 of another bolt of white and 3/4 of a bolt of blue….TERRIFIC!  Pat bought a bunch of coordinating prints to make those tied fleece blankets (for Clinton School), while Jeannie got several fat quarters.  We were all home by 10:30, in time for Jeannie & Pat to go to Cooking Fingers, and for me to eat breakfast.  I finally made it downstairs to continue working on the 2 latest Clinton quilts.  I got 2 labels done…which I just love…
 
and started to sew on the binding.  Just after 3 PM I headed up to visit with Karen Shelnut, and then to the bank (she stopped me from a futile visit as the banks were closed!!) then I headed off to the Lake House for an hour of walking in the pool.  Gale (of Gale & Phil) was there and we got to talk for a bit as we walked.  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner, then he left for a board meeting and I finished sewing the binding on one side of a quilt
 
before he came home around 10.  We watched an hour of TV before collapsing in bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.