Friday, October 30, 2015

second Triple Chocolate Cake, Chris's Clinton quilt finished, roses/hydrangeas


I hopped up early Thursday morning (10/29) to make another Triple Chocolate Cake to take to quilting. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I just took knitting with me as I knew I would be leaving at NOON.  Chris brought in a quilt for Clinton School that I quilted awhile ago: 

love that quilting definition in fleece
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She just finished binding it and I think it looks great.  I already have strips cut to do something similar.  Two other people brought in goodies for quilting, so I brought home quite a bit of cake that I shared with Anne & Bryce and Joanne.  That brought our home cake allowance down to a manageable level :~).  June came home with me and I showed her my method for spray basting a quilt.  She thought it was pretty neat and definitely something she could do herself, so she went home happy.  Then Pat picked me up and we headed to Triple A to get euros and pounds for Pat’s trip to France and England next week.  She will be gone for 2 weeks and while I am very happy for her…I will miss her.  Luckily, I’ll be on the Fiber Floozie retreat for part of the time she is gone.  When I got home, Michael had picked what might be our last bouquet of roses and hydrangeas. 
 
By then it was dinnertime and Michael and I shared leftovers before he left for rehearsal.  I settled into my studio to start sewing strata together….more on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.