Sunday, November 24, 2019

yoghurt, QoV totally done, Andi's new home


I had yoghurt incubating in the crockpot overnight, so I put it together for my honey Saturday morning (11/23):




before heading downstairs to see what awaited me in email-land.  

Michael’s golf was cancelled as it was pouring down rain, but he settled in with his omelet: 


and the paper anyway.  After breakfast he moved to the living room and the fire, along with his faithful companion:



I’m continuing to try to clean out some of my sewing drawers so that I can start some new projects…and I found these 3 butterflies:  



I was thinking/hoping I could make a small and simple Prayer’s & Squares quilt out of them….I’ll have to leave them up on the design wall and ponder some things….any suggestions from anyone else are welcome  :~).  

I kicked off quilting on the second cat quilt, and continued binding a QoV.  Anne stopped by in the late afternoon…it was pleasant to sit there and talk while I re-wound all of my embroidery bobbins (usually a totally boring task!): 


since I needed another label for the 2nd QoV:  



While Anne was here, she was playing a bit of WORDSCAPES, having gotten into another tournament....she sent an email late Saturday night....by the time she went to bed....she was in first place!!!:


By dinnertime my first QoV: 


and my quilting: 



were complete.  

Michael wanted to watch a special movie in the early evening, so he made popcorn and settled in while I continued excavating in my drawers and came up with 2 sets of blocks:  



The inner blocks have to be separated from the outer blocks as they spin in different directions.  I’m hoping to make another small quilt out of these blocks:  



I finally headed upstairs around 7:30PM to snuggle and knit and watching TV.

My friend Pat W is currently visiting her daughter Andi, who has just moved from Chicago to Albuquerque.  You should remember Andi from the QUAP retreats in the spring....Pat sent along several pictures of their new home:



Andi



this is the view at the back of their home

I LOVE the architecture....

1 comment:

  1. Andi moved to New Mexico just in time. Learned today that Chicago this week had -17 degrees wind chill, 4" of snow on the ground and school was still open! You guessed it she is a teacher from NC.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.