Friday, November 22, 2019

day before and day of polyp surgery, SHQ Show & Tell


Michael took off for golf on Wednesday (11/20) shortly after 7AM.  

I got my emails done and my blog out before Paula picked me up.  We headed over to DOLLAR TREE and HOBBY LOBBY….I was on the hunt for sprinkles and cookie cutters….but I pretty much struck out.  

I was home by 10 AM and continued to work on loading up new quilts:  




I got everything basted and the program set up and spent the day quilting:  



My honey picked out a green thread that perfectly matched the green in the quilt, and he also choose the pattern!

I was a little over 1/2 way done with the first quilt by dinnertime.  That was the pleasant part of my day.  

The totally stressful part of my day was never receiving a call about the time of my surgery!!  I called at 12:30 to make sure my balance was paid in full and to ask about a call.  I was told that calls were generally made around lunchtime so I hung up, determined to be a bit more patient.  At 2:30 PM I called back to ask and was told that all of the calls had been made!!!  I asked how that could be as I had not yet received a call.  They asked which doctor I was seeing and assured me that his office nurse would call me back before they closed at 5 PM.  At 4:45 I called again and I was told that the surgery center was open late (totally untrue…when I eventually call the surgery center, their hours were listed as 6:30 AM – 5 PM) and that they would probably call around 7 PM.  When I didn’t accept that information, the office manager got on the line and finally confirmed that I should be there by 6:30 AM.  She indicated that they had called and left a message and texted (things that never happened on MY phone….and were explained the next day).  Anyway, it was stressful waiting for the call, and being told 3 different answers as I pursued the truth.  And I absolutely HATE it when someone tells me they will call back....and they don't!  If I hadn’t been so determined, I never would have shown up and I’m sure would have been charged some sort of fee through no fault of my own.  

We were up and out of the house just after 5 AM on Thursday morning (11/21).  When we checked in and they gave me my paperwork, the number on the form was a ‘980’ area code, and my address was listed as Indian Trail, NC!!!  So I guess someone got my texts and a reminder call…but it certainly wasn’t me!  After the stress of Wednesday, everything went very well on Thursday except that my polyp was bigger than anticipated, meaning the doctor had to ‘excavate’ more than expected and there was (naturally) more blood involved.  My honey brought me home around 12:30 and I dozed away the afternoon.  I had a low grade headache all day and a sore throat (the anesthesiologist warned me about that), but those were my only after effects.  My nose didn't hurt at all...which I was totaly amazed about.  I had chicken noodle soup for dinner (what I ALWAYS want when I’m not feeling up to par…plain old original Campbell’s Chix Noodle Soup with a full can of water :~) and just watched TV in the evening.  I was really bummed to miss Scrap Happy Quilting, especially since it was a smaller group yesterday, and you have Paula to thank for these pictures of Show & Tell:











2 comments:

  1. So very glad that the worst part (surgery) is over and you can mend. That cat fabric looks familiar, but I don't remember that quilt you just loaded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad all went well with the surgery, the other stuff with the time, not so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.