Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Double Pinwheel top all done, secret project, string quilt


We got yet another jump on our car Monday morning (11/25) so that Michael could drive up to Triple A once again.  And once again they wanted to keep the car overnight, so Anne went and picked Michael up.  

I decided I was still allowed to play for part of Monday, and I finished up the Double Pinwheel blocks with 2 borders:  






I think this quilt is just beautiful  :~), and am so happy I pulled those leftover bits out!  

By the time I finished it was early afternoon, and I decided I needed to drop back to binding.  Remember the dragonflies from when BG was visiting?  That’s what I worked on for a lot of the day.....no pictures until it is totally finished!    

BUT, Christmas is coming and you know what that means?  The dreaded:  


These are the fabrics I’m thinking of using:  


the big reveal will be before the end of the year, so you won’t have that long to wait  :~).  

I pulled out another drawer (to empty it) and asked my honey to start laying out my string blocks….here’s where he is so far:  



And while we were working, Ethel has found another high place to get to....the top of my craft shelves downstairs:




After that Michael decided to get started on our outdoor Christmas decorations:  



We had leftover rotisserie chicken for dinner and I knit in the evening while watching TV.

I think AJ is whipping up something for Thanksgiving:



2 comments:

  1. I think Ethel has wings. All of your finished quilts look beautiful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the double pinwheel ! (MJ in Ct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.