Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Paula, BG's quilts, blast from the past


Once again our car wouldn’t start on Monday morning (11/18), after sitting for 2 days  :~(.  Michael cancelled his golf and waited for Triple A to show up.  He ended up taking the car to Triple A yet again (after a jump) and they decided to keep it overnight to try to figure out what was going on….luckily we have great neighbors/friends who ran up to bring him home.  

I had a much more pleasant morning….Paula invited me down for breakfast!  She made blueberry/pecan waffles with bacon…and everything was absolutely yummy….we sat and talked for a long time afterwards….mostly about quilting  :~)  

she's looking up another quilt pattern to show me!!

I read my book for just a bit until it was time to head out to Machine Embroidery.  I was already cold and the thought of heading out into the cold and rain in the golf cart just didn’t appeal to me at all, so I just stayed home.  Too bad I couldn’t have figured that out a little earlier as I’m sure Pat would have swung by to pick me up  :~(.  

I think I was also feeling a bit blue….I am definitely not looking forward to my surgery on Thursday….it seemed to happen very fast…and I haven’t had surgery for over 30 years.  It’s not like I broke my arm or leg and have to get it fixed…..I’m sure it will be a non-event…at least I hope it will…but in the meantime I will be glad when Thursday afternoon comes and I will be home safe and sound.  This surgery may be ‘routine’ for the people on the other end of the scalpel….but it certainly isn’t for me.  I think I'm even giving up my chocolate making for this year....I have been making chocolate for Christmas for at least 30 years....but Thanskgiving is very late this year...and I have no idea how I'll feel after the surgery (the doctor told me to not expect to feel very good for 4 - 5 days due to the anesthetic) and Michael and I have other things we want to do together in December....so I think I'm just letting it go for this year at least...the end of an era.

I DID put the time I was home to good use….by the time I stopped for a late dinner…the quilting was done on my customer quilt:  



Michael (and his furry friend) were with me in the afternoon for more MAJOR CRIME watching:



AND I finished the label and binding on a second quilt (picture when Michael is home to hold it up  :~).  

In the evening we finished up the second season of THE KOMINSKY METHOD….if you haven’t watched it yet….you’re missing out!

BG is trying to finish off 5 quilts by the end of the year.....she's got 2 done:




And here's a HUGE blast from the past....recognize anyone in the picture:



1 comment:

  1. Who sent you that pic - is it ours?????? You are so beautiful - then and now!
    LOVE ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.