Friday, November 29, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


We spent a little time Wednesday night getting our coffee cake semi-ready for breakfast, so it didn’t take us long to finish it up Thursday morning (11/28) and get it into the oven:  









Anne came over to share: 


and we sent a big piece home with our neighbor:  



After that Michael put the golf cart cover on and took Cookie for a walk, while I headed downstairs.  I basically just putzed around until Michael came home and we had second breakfast….I had eggs and sausage…he had eggs and coffee cake!  

I tried to make soap after that….it didn’t trace the way it was supposed to…I called BG and she said I combined it when it was still way too hot :~(.  I put it into the molds….we’ll see what I get tomorrow…but I am not very hopeful.  

We headed outside mid-afternoon to get our Christmas tree lights wrapped around our tree and then broke open the champagne: 



Made out favoriate puffy things:



and decided to start our Christmas movie watching with WHITE CHRISTMAS.  It was a terrific Thanksgiving!

I couldn't resist sharing this with all of you....



*** MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews ***

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood “ stars Tom Hanks as Mr. ROGERS. This isn’t a movie about Fred Rogers per se but more a relationship movie about Mr. Rogers and “Lloyd Vogel” a journalist for Esquire magazine. Sounds boring, no? But it is most definitely not! You see, not too many people like Lloyd, and he is being punished by his editor to do a “puff piece “ of no more than 400 words on today’s heroes (his subject is Mr. Rogers). He objects but is told do it or else. Grudgingly, he goes to do the interview and slowly is intrigued by his subject and how he interacts with the people around him and especially to Lloyd. Personal history of both men entwine them into a web of a story that is moving and powerfully told. This movie touched me deeply. Life, love and death are all handled with Mr. Rogers’ unique touch. I give it 5 fat quarters out of 5! Don’t miss this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.