Saturday, November 2, 2019

hydrangeas, quilting, day 2 in upstate


We were up and out early on Friday (11/1) for an appointment with Michael’s heart doctor.  He went over the results of the heart cath and the month long heart monitor and basically said that he feels Michael’s heart is strong, and we don’t need to see him again for a year….YAY!  That’s really good news.  We still don’t know the cause of the episodes of irregular chest beats and extreme tiredness, but we will monitor that ourselves over the coming year and see if we can notice any pattern.  We hit 2 grocery stores on the way home and were finally home around 11 AM.   I swear our hydrangea blossoms look even more gorgeous than they did over the summer....Michael picked a beautiful bouquet:



It took me until almost NOON to get my blog out and then I started to quilt on the first customer quilt.  

I LOVE the fish within the waves


I’m still trying to clean out drawers so that they can be filled with new stuff :~), so I asked Michael to layout the purple hourglass blocks I had completed several months ago:  



By 6 PM the quilting was done: 


and I got the bobbin ends woven in and the basting ripped out after that.  

I also started to sew on the purple blocks a bit:




before joining my honey upstairs.

M & D in NY

AJ had a dance class in the morning, and she wanted only Pop-Pop and Memaw with her....so her parents did a few errands while we enjoyed the class:




dancing makes you hungry
We headed to a play area after that to decide what our day would include...and it definitely always includes reading:





Then it was back to the Commons for a bit of walking around: 

AJ wasn't sure about this dragon....especially when the wings moved!!
and here's Pop-Pop being silly

and then a wonderful lunch at the Moosewood Cafe.  Michael had butternut squash latkes, which I am definitely going to try to re-create :~).  

We ended up at Marc & Kate's house for a wonderful stir fry dinner, and lots of talking and playing and snuggling time with AJ.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos of you and AJ !!! I bet PopPop LOVED reading and AJ looks like she loved hearing him. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.