Monday, November 25, 2019

French Toast, 2nd QoV totally done, double pinwheel moving on


My honey was up and out early Sunday morning (11/24) giving Cookie a walk before settling in to make French Toast for breakfast:  




I decided I’d give myself until lunchtime to continue to play around with my new blocks….and I was thrilled with what I had by then.  I had to make 2 more blocks for the outside, and also got it all sewn together:  








It’s only a 44’’ square right now, so obviously it will have to be expanded, but I am content for now.  

The end of the year is all about finishing up things for me, so I pulled my second QoV from the to-be-bound pile and started to work on that.  My honey got all of his lists together for errands….and you guessed it…..the car wouldn’t start yet again!!!!   UGH!!!!  Instead he just hit Harris Teeter in the golf cart and then headed up to the driving range to drown his sorrows.  

I was finished with my binding by late afternoon: 


and headed upstairs for a bit of cleaning.  

I feel like our house is getting a little bit more cluttered every day, and I’ve been watching Marie Kondo on NETFLIX….so was inspired to start small.  Our laundry room is out of control, so I spent just 20 minutes cleaning off my laundry shelf…it went from this: 

with about an inch of dust and spilled soap powder on the shelf

to this:  


A totally satisfying experience that I hope to continue 20 minutes at a time  :~).  And on the laundry room windowsill, Michael's Christmas cactus has begun to bloom:



By the time I was done, my honey was home and we had dinner.    I had a little bit of time after dinner, and since I was good and did my binding for most of the day, I decided I could play a little bit more on my newest blocks….and now have a rectangular quilt:  

I LOVE it!!!

all out of scraps

In the morning, Michael got pictures of my baby Ethel’s latest trick….leaping from the kitchen island to the TOP of the cookbook bookcase!!


And Anne was in ANOTHER WORDSCAPES tournament.....and blew away the competition yet again:




1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love the purple pinwheels!! Isn't it fun to just "see what goes together " and be creative?? I have had more satisfying results with that than trying to coordinate multiple fabrics for a pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.