Tuesday, November 5, 2019

deer!, llb outing, last day with AJ, 2 more days

Make a cup of coffee.....sit back....and savor these blog entries....they may be some of the last!

*****************
I headed out at 8 AM on Saturday (11/2) to check out a half box spring that someone had on the classifieds.  Our new purple mattress is not ginormously taller, but just enough that I now feel I have to climb up into bed.  I never even knew they made lower box springs, and Michael is in favor of it as well…so we hope to pick it up tomorrow (thanks for the tip, Paula).  

My honey left for golf shortly after I got home…even though it was only 38 degrees outside!!!  

I headed downstairs and got my blog out before trimming my customer quilt, and loading up a second one:  


I had some visitors around lunchtime….they were SO CLOSE:  









They were having a good time eating the dead vines from our tomatoes.  

I spent some time pulling fabrics for a new quilt….I got 7 fabrics I like, but I need a softer yellow before I start cutting strips.  Luckily, my left hand is finally ready to hold down a ruler again (it was very sore after I did a 'face plant' in the Ithaca airport, right after we got there!!!)

Michael came home from golf very pleased with how he played and a score of 87, but he said the putts just wouldn't fall and his birdie streak ended.

We both got cleaned up before Ralph & Candyce picked us up at 5 PM to head into Charlotte.  There were 14 of us for dinner at ZEN FUSION: 


l-r: Ed, Jack, Gerry, Tim, Talph, Candyce, Ann, Carol

l-r: Carol, me, Carol, Margie, Dave, Carol, Jack
and our meals were yummy:





Then we all headed to THE SIMON & GARFUNKEL STORY at the Knight Theatre.  The show was FABULOUS…2 guys who even looked like Simon & Garfunkel, and played and sang exactly like them.  






Their songs brought back lots of wonderful memories.  We were home around 11PM and stayed up for a bit of reading  before bed.  

OMgoodness….Leila finished this 4 patch frenzy using only her Halloween fabrics….doesn’t it look PERFECT on that bed???





M & D in NY

The family met us at the hotel for breakfast on the last day, then mom and dad went shopping for a new dryer, while Michael and I babysat:


first there was reading....and AJ wanted to be covered up

then there was coloring


then walking in the fresh air

oooo - finding leaves....

and running them over

to put them in a big puddle

I guess we really tired AJ out as she took a long nap in the afternoon before we met back up again for dinner at a local restaurant.  

We had a wonderful visit and can't wait to do it again!

*************************
Sunday, November 3rd - I love this day of the year best!!!!  Somehow that extra hour makes it feel SO LONG!!!  I’m glad it’s brighter in the morning, making it easier to get up.  I woke up with such a good feeling….only to crash and burn in trying to get my blog out  :~(.  There have been problems for 4 weeks…this morning there were still problems with the spacing of my words, but I finally got that set only to discover I couldn’t post any pictures (that’s new today).  It’s really hard to explain what was happening with the pictures…but trust me when I say I sat at my computer for over an hour…just trying to add pictures….only to finally give up in disgust.  

Writing my blog used to be a source of joy…it was a record of life for me, and I enjoyed thinking about some of the various people reading it and how they would react to this or that.  But as I said yesterday, it has become a source of anger and frustration over the past month.  

I decided to walk away and get started winding bobbins and setting up the program and stitching it out on my latest customer quilt:  




This quilt needed a lot of babysitting, so I wasn’t able to work on anything else while it was stitching out….but I am pleased with how I was able to work in the fullness without any pleats :~).  Michael came down to up load his round of golf from yesterday to his computer….



so of course the rest of the family came down with him:  




We took a break at 1:30 PM to head over and pick up our 1/2 box spring….we are currently storing it until we have more people in the house who can help us to move our new mattress off of the old and onto the new…moving the mattress will be the toughest part…it’s really heavy  :~).  

I continued to quilt in the afternoon, and had a lovely visit from Anne ((we've gotten her hooked on the WORDSCAPES game too (BG is another convert) and she is currently in a contest at NUMBER 1!!!!!))





She left at dinnertime, and I headed back to the studio for just a bit after dinner.  By 7 PM my quilting was done:  



I headed upstairs to knit and snuggle with my honey.  I’m making a bit of progress on the new sweater for AJ:  




And remember this (purple fuzzy yarn a gift from friend MaryAnn):



It is blocking….to be sent as part of our Christmas gifts.

PS - we eventually got an email from Anne....she won!!!!!!



*************************


Michael left for a 2 day trip to Pinehurst Monday (11/4) and I always plan to do a special household project while he is gone…this time it is getting rid of paper in the kitchen.  Our mail ALWAYS piles up…and it makes both of us crazy!!!  I made a New Year’s resolution to keep it under control for this year, and managed to do that until we left for Tahiti.  When we came home, I fell totally apart…so I've decided to try to get back on the wagon  :~).  I made a start......

When I came downstairs there was a mourning dove out under the bird feeder, and Ethel was on HIGH alert:


fat cat Lucy is just dozing in the basket

I noticed that Janice had made a comment on an old blog entry, and when I responded to her, I told her about Michael.  My phone rang almost immediately and she said ‘if Michael is in Pinehurst, why am I in Myrtle beach?’  Three hours later:  



I got my customer quilt all finished and proceeded to load up a new QoV to be quilted:  



I worked on that while Janice worked on her moth in the window blocks:  


After basting, I kicked off the program...the quilting is VERY dense....but I LOVE it:  


While it was stitching out, I made a bit more progress on the purple blocks:




And everyone was downstairs with us while we were working:




We finally quit for the night around 9PM and collapsed with a glass of wine  :~).

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.