Saturday, November 9, 2019

Cookie Class!!


After getting my blog out, the rest of Friday morning (11/8) was spent driving to Matthews for new CPAP equipment, and learning how to use it.  I was finally home again by NOON and after a chicken salad lunch (thx Janice!), I headed to my studio to continue working.  

I kicked off the quilting on my second QoV and continued to work on sewing my purple rows together.  By dinnertime my quilting was done:  

the green tape is holding down thread ends that need to be buried

and I had all of the rows sewn together on the purple quilt (it just needs borders):  


Anne stopped by for a quick visit and to drop off some eggs:  


and I just had time to get cleaned up before sprinting out the door to pick up Linda: 


and head into Waxhaw for our cookie decorating class.  

There were 17 people in the class and Christy:



was a wonderful instructor.  

We had a great time and made some beautiful and fun cookies:  







Christy had treats and gifts for us as well:



On the way to the class we traveled a LOT of back country roads which were all very dark and spooky.  On the way home we decided to try to find a more well lit route.  Linda had WAZE on her phone, and she's got a British guy talking....he sounded SO SEXY!!  Anyway…that didn’t work out, we were still on a lot of pitch black roads and at one point Linda said ‘I’m glad I’m not traveling these roads alone’, and I heartily agreed with her.  I kept waiting for zombies to step out of the woods in front of my car....YIKES!!!  At last we were on the last road before route 521 and guess what?  It was Loree & Reg’s road!!!!!  I waved at their house as we passed  :~).  Anyway….I was home after 9 PM and my honey and I got my new equipment set up before snuggling in front of the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.