Thursday, November 14, 2019

visiting J&D in NC


I headed out early Tuesday morning (11/12) for my first visit to Janice & Dennis in Ocean Isle Beach.  The drive over was uneventful(the same can't be said for the drive home...but that's a story for another day) and by 10:45 I arrived and got the official tour:  



LOVE this color!!!





master bedroom....note new quilt top!









LOVED this island/cutting table  :~)

guest bedroom


sewing room...note design wall on left

currently Dennis's office until Dec 31st when  he retires!!!




Janice and I were set up and sewing in the dining room by 11:13 AM  :~).  



We sewed until dinner (I was working on a new quilt I had all cut out before leaving home: 




while Janice continued to work on her moth-in-the-window blocks):  


She made a scrumptious pesto/cheese chicken with stir fried veggies for dinner and then we started up sewing again.  We relaxed in the living room for about an hour before bed.  

Wednesday morning saw us up and sewing again, and by the time I left around 2 PM…I had this:  


All done except for borders and I was thrilled!  

I put the pedal to the metal on the way home and had time to change clothes and brush my teeth and hair before heading out again with Michael.  

Gale & Phil: 



invited us over for spaghetti and meatballs (which Michael loves) and we were delighted to see Sue and Dennis were there as well:  



Dinner was wonderful and we talked for several hours before heading home as I was pooped.  I had a TERRIFIC visit with J & D in NC  :~)!!  



*** MMR - Michael's Movie Reviews ***

Motherless Brooklyn - Edward Norton has put together a movie that harkens back to the days of 1940’s “film noir “. (Even though it is set in New York in the 50’s). Norton stars, directs and wrote this film. He plays a “gumshoe “ whose boss is murdered under very suspicious circumstances and he becomes obsessed with finding out “who dunnit and why “. Norton’s character (named Brooklyn) has Tourette’s syndrome and that gives him an advantage because no one thinks too much about him. His character narrates the film which is true to form for “film noir” and it only adds to the story. Despite a couple of plot holes the film hangs together and keeps you guessing until the end. Also starring Alec Baldwin, Bobby Carnevale .  Worth it for the settings in old New York and for the 1950’S cars!  I give it 4 fat quarters our of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.