Sunday, November 17, 2019

customer quilting started, Lucy, Leila's Christmas quilt


I was up early on Saturday (11/16), determined to get a large part of the quilting done on my customer quilt.  I got the quilt all basted: 




and set up the program and started quilting:  



Lucy joined me to take a little nap: 




and Michael came down for a bit in the afternoon so that we could watch another MAJOR CRIMES on ROKU.  

I got the remaining purple blocks sewn together and am very glad to be all done with those:

the 'light' layout was the overwhelming winner


Michael had a home health visit in the afternoon, something I guess the insurance companies are doing since the doctors don’t have enough time to spend with you :~).  

I made butternut squash soup for dinner, which was supposed to be from a recipe of Paula’s.  Halfway through, when I opened the can of what I thought was coconut milk…it turned into Cream of Coconut….a very sugary beverage!!  Internet to the rescue…I looked up a couple of other recipes and made it up as I went along.  My honey really thought it had excellent flavor….WHEW!  

I finished off 2 labels after dinner: 


then relaxed for the rest of the night.

My friend Leila finished off a gorgeous Christmas quilt that she laid out at retreat last year:



quilted with metallis thread

It was just stunning in person and looks even better now that it is finished.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.