Tuesday, April 28, 2015

the end of an era, Michael's bag, Hawaiian rolls



Michael left at 8 AM for golf at Lancaster on Monday morning (4/27).  It was very cold and rainy over the weekend, and I think he was really glad to see the sun in the morning.  I was at my sewing machine by 10, determined to get the top zipper done.  This pattern really has been very well written…it’s just that 2 pages of cutting directions and 14 pages of sewing instructions are a bit intimidating :~).  I made really good progress before it was time to leave to get my hair done.  Hmmm, “ get my hair done” sounds so innocuous right?   It is the end of an era…. I haven’t done anything but trim my hair for 10 years….

looking rather windblown from the ride in the golf cart!

 but it’s time for a change.   

 I ran a few errands on the way home, and finished Michael’s bag before dinner….YAYAYAY!  That means I have all day Tuesday to make a detachable shoulder strap (I already sewed the necessary “D” rings onto the side of the bag….

I took this pic THREE times and each time was blurry  :-(

 and then it will truly be as versatile as he wants.  The nice thing about the way the top zipper was put on, 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 is that the bag can be 2 inches taller if needed.   

 I made the second pan of rolls to go with our dinner (and of course forgot to take a picture until after they were eaten!)   

 I had soup for dinner and Michael finished up the leftover pork.  

I started Monday morning with a sore throat :~(, so I just kind of sat like a dead thing, drinking warm drinks and dozing on and off while we watched TV and then went to bed early.

So, my friend Ginny has WAY too much fun with her Amazon Prime Membership…what does this mean for me?  I get surprise packages now and again from her.  The latest is a paperback book that I am going to take on vacation: BEING DEAD IS NO EXCUSE (The official southern ladies guide to hosting the perfect funeral).  She said I need it to further my education in being southern….I can’t wait!

6 comments:

  1. WOW !!! Nice 'DO'... (mj in ct)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, love your hair. It makes you look great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your haircut!!! You look ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG OMG OMG I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine way of describing, and pleasant paragraph to get data about my presentation subject matter, which i
    am going to deliver in school.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.