Friday, April 24, 2015

chocolate rice krispy treats, Jerry M, twisted log cabin, zentangles



I hopped up early on Thursday morning (4/23) to cut up the chocolate rice krispy treats I made Wednesday night right before I hopped into bed.   

 I was just so tired Wednesday night, but when Michael got up to take the dog out for the last time he said “I thought you wanted to make something for quilting tomorrow?”  I started at 10:33 and was done by 10:47 (what a fast, easy recipe!)  Jerry is leaving for a year and I wanted to have a little treat for a going away party.  Jerry does beautiful quilts (many with purple and teal :~) and also does phenomenal x-stitch pieces.  






You might remember Jerry, I recently completed quilting a Santa quilt for her.  She is leaving to spend 6 months with one daughter in Florida, and another 6 months with her daughter in Charleston.  Finally, after a year away, she’ll be back with us in Fort Mill for 6 months.  That is WAY too long for her to be gone (according to those of us who quilt with her :~)  Anyway, I finally got all of the ends sewn in on Ethel’s quilt and got it trimmed, and got my latest charity quilt trimmed and ends woven in before coming home around 2.  I stopped at the insurance office on the way home, because someone wanted a picture of one of my old wall hangings and that's where it is right now...this used to hang in our kitchen:


 Michael had been artistically busy while I was gone:

I spent the rest of the afternoon reading.  We had leftover pizza for dinner (I’ve certainly had an easy dinner week…Chinese that we ate for 3 meals and pizza that we ate for 2….Friday night we are going out for dinner before the theatre!!) and I cut out the latest set of my butterflies while we watched TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.